We were so lucky to have my Dad come and stay with us for a week. It was a great excuse to take a bunch of time off from work and enjoy things we don't usually get to do together.
My Dad loves fishing so we try to make sure that he gets out on Ernie's boat each time he comes. We decided that it would be fun to take Alexandra out for her first fishing excursion.
Alexandra really loved being on the boat.
She particularly enjoyed driving it.
It was realy cute, she would sing to the fish so we could catch them.

My sweet Ali can sleep anywhere, just like her Mama.
I was not relaxing...I was so sick. About half way through our trip the wind turned and it got pretty rough out. I had to sit in that chair and keep my eyes closed to avoid throwing up. Needless to say, fishing is not my favorite activity - but I do it anyway.
Here's my hott hubby in his element.

Ali and her 2 Papas. She is so adored.
We had such a wonderful time with my Dad here. He took Ali out on adventures all by himself. Alexandra loved the one on one time. The morning after my Dad went home Ali woke up and asked where Papa was. She just didn't understand why he wasn't here to play with her. So, Anthony called Papa on Skype and that helped a bit. I am so grateful that my Dad found the time to come out and see us. We miss having the Rabner clan close by. I can't wait for my Mom to come and stay in August.
There they are with the big fish.
The next big adventure was a trip up to the Wisconsin Dells. A bit of car trouble set us back a couple of hours so I insisted on driving - I am such a control freak.


I am really not much of a swimmer, so I don't know why I keep planning trips to a waterpark hotel. But, this trip I actually got completely wet and played with the Boo Boo. She loved playing at all of the waterparks.
This is a terrible picture, but her favorite thing was to ride the tube ride. She had Dad and Anthony hauling her up the stairs over and over.

It took a while for us to get Alexandra to actually go down the big little kids ride. She loved it the first time but took a corner too quickly and bonked her head on the second one. She was done after that.
The only thing that made her feel better was sharing her battle wound with Papa. My Dad went down a tube ride and got knocked off and bonked his head too. He came off with blood gushing the poor little life guard freaked out. We couldn't find him for a while because he was in first aid.
Friday night we went to the ball activity center. They have a bunch of really small areas for kids to climb around in. Last time I was able to follow Ali all over but this time I was in no state to do so. Anthony was sweet enough to rough up his knees following her for over an hour. My Dad had a blast gathering all of the balls and engaging everyone in a fight.
4 comments:
so much fun!!! we are jealous you had papa for a week all to yourselves! looks like it was a great week. love you all!
How fun that your dad could come and spend a week with you guys! I LOVE all the pictures! Looks like you had a BLAST at the Dells!!
I am glad that you are getting over your dislike for swimming and doing it because the Boo loves it. Swimming is fun! Looks like ya'll had a blast with Pappy. You are looking cute prego! I am excited to have you come down here for 2 weeks after the bambinos are born!!
Great pictures! Looks like you guys had a great time! :-)
Post a Comment