Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Why?!?

Why are we (women/moms) so hard on ourselves?  I just read a friend's blog and was shocked that she, of all the people I know, is overwhelmed.  She appears to me to be one of the most put together women that I know.  It made me sad that she is having a hard time.  It made me reflect upon the last (and ever so frequent) post that I wrote that was a mirror image of hers.  It brings me to ask - Why oh why do we feel that we have to be perfect - okay, not perfect - but really good at everything?  I wish that somehow we could reprogram our brains to accept that what we have to offer (our family, our neighbors, our friends, our ward members) IS good enough. 
I wish there was a special something I could cook up and deliver to my sweet friends that would lift their spirits and help them to see themselves the way I see them. 
I know that this is exactly what Heavenly Father thinks about each of us every single day.  He wants us to see all the good we do and not focus on the few things we don't get to.  In trading I have learned that I can't bemoan unrealized profit.  I am teaching myself to be happy with what I DID make and to not be bugged that I could have done more if I had stuck it out a bit longer.  I have learned that when I apply this to my life my entire family is much happier. 
Someone commented on my friend's blog that we should  do something "permanent" each day.  We must do something that won't be undone within a few minutes or days.  I MUST sit and read with Ali and play with her in her room.  I MUST snuggle Sophi.  I MUST express love to Anthony.  These things can not be undone and will create a life worth living and all of the "things" on my to do list worthwhile.
I am grateful to know that other strong women in my life struggle like I do - but I sure wish we all had a little more faith in ourselves.  So to all 3 of you who read my blog :) Know that I adore you, have faith in you and rely on your strength to get me through.  Hugs to all my sistas who struggle and to those amazing women who don't (if you exist!).  Love you all!!!!

4 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

If you ever meet that woman who does not struggle please introduce me, I have a few questions I would like to ask her. I loved your thoughts! Permanent things are good.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I love it. Baby snuggles are VERY important and I need to do more permanent things for my sweet husband. Thanks for always being an amazing sister and inspiring me! Loves.

Wendi said...

Thanks for your thoughts! I love that advice about doing something "permanent." I think I don't do that nearly enough. You're so great, Kelsey!

Megan said...

oh, i love you and miss you so much! i always look at you and am amazed at how much you do. i seriously think how i need to get it together better to be more like you. thanks for your words, they mean a lot! loves loves loves.