Thursday, November 3, 2011

All Dressed Up

It was that time of year again - you know the one with loads of candy and kids dressed up in all sorts of wacky outfits.  Halloween is so much better with kids.
 It is actually a month long event in our home.  Alexandra has become very opinionated about nearly everything in life and was very adamant about her costume this year - she would be a pirate.
 Nana *RABNER* (sorry about the typo) came to the rescue with costumes and they were adorable!
 Ali's class had a costume parade and all of the kids were so cute.
 The parents at these events are hilarious - it looks like a crew of paparazzi.
 Last Friday was beautiful and I took the girls to a little farm that was all decked out for Halloween.
 The girls had fun petting the animals.  This little donkey loved Sophi's blanket but she wasn't too thrilled about the attention.
 We enjoyed a spooky hayride and Alexandra loved to point out all of the scary decorations.
 We then went through the corn maze.
 I was a bit nervous because Ali was set on being the leader.  I was convinced that we would be in there FOREVER...
 But we actually made only 1 wrong turn and made it out pretty quickly.  I will follow you wherever you go Ali Bali!
 Don't you love these long haired cows?
 The little Sophi baby loved her bucket (and I love that smile)!
 We went to the ward trunk-or-treat and totally broke the rules - here is Anthony's costume.  Can you tell *who* he is?
 Yes, I was Anthony and he was me.  Don't you love our cute little fam?
 I love to see these two hugging.  I went to Heather's today and took the girls inside then ran out to the car to get some things.  When I came back in Heather told me that Sophi started crying when I walked out of the door, then she put her arms out to Ali, Ali gave her a big hug and Sophi stopped crying and was okay.  These two girlies are so wonderful!

 Our community does trick-or-treating on Sunday afternoons.  We do not take Alexandra out but she had a blast handing out the candy.  She loved giving the kids the treats and even threw in a few leaves as tricks!

 Monday we took the girls trick-or-treating with a bunch of friends and we had a blast.
 Yes, this is so dark but I love that we were actually trick-or-treating at night, not in the afternoon.
We had a wonderful Halloween and loved all of the fun building up to the actual day.  Not to mention the candy overload that is still lingering!

5 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

I love the pirate princess. She has a great look on her face in the one picture that has a bit of sass! The farm looked like it was fun! It was really fun to talk to you last night. I hope you had a great meeting.

The Paredes Family said...

So, random thought that I have: I watch Tangled and there are some expressions and moments that I think of your little Ali almost every time. It makes me smile.

Travis and Heather said...

That was the first time we ever took our kids to trick or treat for realsies. It was awesome: night, neighborhood, ridiculous amounts of candy. Incredible! What a perfect memory

Kristina said...

I love the costumes, Anthony makes a great Kelsey. Ali has the same teachers Josh had last year. Ms. Lori and Ms. dina are great! Looks like you had an awesome Halloween.

Megan said...

love the costumes! ali is one hot pirate! liam said, "it's pirate ali!" fall looked like loads of fun for your great fam!