Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Reason to be grateful

As the snow falls outside, I recognize how blessed I am to be inside a warm house. At this time of year I feel extremely grateful for the many wonders in my life. I am blessed to have the gospel in my life, to be married for eternity to my best friend, to have a beautiful, healthy daughter who keeps me on my toes, to have generous, loving extended family and sweet, understanding friends (just to name a few). We have had a few downs this year as a family, but we have been blessed with far more ups. We are together, happy and healthy. The main thing I have learned this year is how to be happy in spite of our situation. While we have not always received what we want, we have always been blessed with what we need. I am grateful to have been reminded of this and hope to be better at remembering it.

I am excited for Christmas this year because Alexandra is getting older and we are starting to teach her about Jesus. It's so cute to hear her say "Jesus" every time she sees His picture. She gets so excited to say prayer and read scriptures at night. I am amazed each day by her goodness and love.

Here are a few pictures from Thanksgiving and our family pictures that Wendi took (she did a great job huh?).

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Super cute pics! Looks like you had an amazing Thanksgiving! Still missing you guys out here... :)

Molly Kay said...

Hey I found your blog! I loved looking at all the pictures! :) You should check ours out too. See you soon!
Molly