Friday, May 28, 2010

Birthday fun at the zoo with my Boo

At one point this read "Happy Birthday Kelsey". The lady at the bakery found it odd that I ordered a cake for myself. But who doesn't want to celebrate their life and the joy they experience because of all of the wonderful people around them? I love my birthday for that reason - so I always throw myself a rockin' party.

This year I decided to take Alexandra to the Brookfield Zoo. The weather forcast predicted a beautiful day and I just couldn't pass up the opportunity for our first day of fun in the sun.
I was lucky enough to be joined by my girlfriend Sara and her daught Abi. I really struggle finding people who want to go on adventures with me and the Boo so I was happy for the company.

As Alexandra climbed up every fence to get a better look I struggled getting a picture of her face. Needless to say, we have a million shots of her cute little backside and very few of her charming smile.

I thought these camels were so cute.

This was the first time that Alexandra really got excited about all of the animals at the zoo. She would jump out of the stroller at each exhibit and look intently for the animals. She remembers most of what we saw and even what they did when we saw them.
Giraffes have become one of my favorite animals. These giraffes were totally awesome.

My little rockstar did so well all day long. We packed our lunch and ate PB sandwhiches at the playground.

Wowza - polar bears are huge!

Here is a view from the brand new polar bear exhibit. This guy was hilarious to watch as he played with his toys.

They had a really awesome monkey exhibit that we loved.

This is a bad picture, but he was my favorite monkey. His bum and mouth are hot pink and purple.

This is for my mom. She always loved the orangatangs, especially the babies. We would watch them for nearly an hour at the New Orleans zoo.
This guy looked so human like it was freaky.

Aren't we cute bugs?


Alas, here is a good picture of my Boo Boo's smile!

Oh the tiger! Alexandra could not wait to see the tiger. He was one of the last things we saw but she enjoyed it so much.

But the ice cream was the winner for her favorite stop. She was so good all day that she got her very own cone. Such a big girl!

I was able to sneak a few bites though. Oh yeah, I forgot my sun glasses in the car so I wore Ali's princess Rose glasses - aren't they great?

Here are Abi and Ali with their matching penguin purses. Alexandra has hauled this thing around with her everywhere since she got it. She affectionately calls it Darling.

At the end of the day we took a nice spin on the carrosaul before we called our trip complete.


It was the best way in the world to spend my birthday. I wish Anthony could have been there, we sure missed him. But we had a blast anyway.

4 comments:

Butler Family said...

I LOVE all of those pictures!! you girls are so beautiful! Glad you had a wonderful day

Lanell Rabner said...

I love that you are actually in a bunch of the picts with the Boo! I love going to the zoo and cant wait to take Ryker!!

Wendi said...

What a great day! It's fun to see all the pictures of your adventure. (Is that your new double stroller?)

Megan said...

love, love, love all the pics! looks like you had so much fun and that is the most important. i've also learned that if i want a celebration for myself, i too must get it going, so good job on the cake! i guess that's how it goes for moms. we think about the parties for everyone, but who thinks about our party? you are so amazing, look great being pregnant and hey your double stroller looks stellar! love you!