**Warning...this is an interactive post...by reading you are agreeing to participate. I am a freak and check my stats and will know if you stopped by so you better leave a comment! Hugs!!!!**
I love food! I love to think about food, I love to cook food and I love to eat food. One of my favorite things to do is to make a meal plan...shocking, I know. My sweet little sissy is pregnant and cooking is the LAST thing on her mind. We always talk about what we are making for dinner and it gave me the idea to talk about my process for meal planning. So here you go!My goal is to go to the grocery store as little as possible so I choose 15-17 meals for the month and do a major shopping trip to get all non-perishable items and some produce at the beginning of the month. I usually sit down one night with Anthony and ask him for 5 ideas and I come up with the rest. I write down the meal on the back of my grocery list and what I need to purchase on the front. I number the recipes that I bought produce for so I know what I need to cook first. I keep my list and put it on my refrigerator so I know what I planned for and cross things off as I cook them. I think I have commitment issues, that's why I don't assign a meal to a particular day. So, if I don't feel like tacos that night...I don't have to have tacos! I then go to the store later in the month to pick up milk and more fresh produce.
Here is the interactive part. Below is a list of the meals from my last two months of meal plans. Sometimes I get in a rut and make the same lame meals. So, I want you to share what your favorite meals are. I love getting new ideas for dinner and thought you might enjoy some fresh ideas too. I cook from www.ourbestbites.com A LOT, so if it says OBB next to it you can find it on their site. I also have a bunch of recipes pinned to my food board on pinterest. So you can look me up and find those recipes with a P next to them there. The recipes that are not designated as coming from somewhere else are stored in my brain and I am always happy to share so let me know if you would like any of those. Here we go!
- Cafe Rio salad
- Sloppy joes
- Crockpot chicken & rice (P)
- Tacos
- BBQ chicken salad
- Spaghetti
- Red enchiladas (P)
- Roast
- Black beans, brown rice, grilled chicken and apple salsa (OBB)
- Grilled stuffed zucchini (OBB)
- Southwest pasta salad (OBB)
- BBQ chicken pizza
- Buffalo chicken tacos (P)
- Penne with sundried tomato cream sauce (P)
- Chicken with lemon noodles
- Tomato soup & grilled cheese sandwiches (OBB)
- Puffed french toast (OBB)
- Shepherds pie
- Chicken alfredo
- Tortilla soup
- Chicken noodle soup
- Greek pitas (OBB)
- Hamburgers
- Crockpot chicken with stuffing
- Grilled chicken with veggies
- Taco pie
- Pancakes
- Breakfast burritos
- Stroganoff
- Italian burgers (OBB)
- Sunday beef stew (OBB)
- Asian lettuce wraps with Quick & easy noodle stir fry (OBB)
- Spinach & feta pasta (OBB)
- Chipotle chicken taco salad (OBB)
- Lasagna
- Chicken pot pie
- Meatloaf
9 comments:
okay girl. My family does not and never will eat that good. Will you move with me and be my neighbor. I'll find some way to compensate you, you can cook for me.....it's a great idea really.
Lately we like mexican pie.
We made it up. It's layers of corn tortilla's with mexicanish things. I love made up words...don't you? Black beans, corn, salsa, spanish rice, and cheese of course. topped with guacamole and olives and sometimes green onion. I cook it in my spring form pan. Anyhew....that's all I got.
It may surprise you...but most people aren't as awesome as you in the kitchen.:)
My favorite recipe is mexican lasagna. I made it for the missionaries the last time we fed them. It's fairly spicy with LOTS of flavor, and smells really good! :)
My kids' favorite dessert is the chocolate "wacky/crazy cake" I make with my grandmother's recipe. It's even better than the homemade chocolate fudge brownies that we've always enjoyed.
Hey Kelsey, here is a fun way to keep track of your favorite foods. I saw this on pinterest and loved it. I'm hoping to make something like this soon.
http://pinterest.com/pin/247627679481317686/
Well I don't have anything super grand like the things you are making but my kids LOVE a baked chicken breast with whatever seasonings you like on your chicken breast and then I usually make mashed potatoes or rice with it and veggies. They could eat it everyday. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes then flip the chicken breast over and cook another 25 minutes. I like to put some chicken stock in the bottom of it so the chicken doesn't stick to the pan:)
Love that you did this for me. Thanks sissy. If only I could think to tell you my favorite...
I really enjoy a recipe we have for turkey sausage and sweet potato stew. Make some homemade biscuits with it and it is delish. I can email you the recipe, if you would like . . . my email is gracefulonice@gmail.com.
You never cease to amaze me! I too LOVE OBB! You should try their Baked Pasta and Broccoli dish..I made it the other night and could have eaten the whole thing by myself! http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/01/baked-pasta-and-broccoli-with-ham-and-cheesy-creamy-cauliflower-sauce/
thanks for the list of ideas too! I think you tripled my existing list! YAY! :D
Thanks for the fantastic idea , I love OBB. I have yet to find a bad recipe on their site. We don't eat meat very often, so i have a few go to vegetarian recipes that are really good. I'm with Heather though, we eat very simple dinners, most nights. We've been on a soup and bread (your amazing homemade bread recipe that you gave me) kick lately. I'll e-mail the recipe to you!
Since I switched to gmail, I lost e-mail addresses, can you please give me yours again.
Post a Comment