Thursday, August 2, 2012

2 down...many more to go!

Happy birthday my sweet baby Sophi!  I love you so dearly.  Since the moment you were born you have brought such incredible joy to my life and to our family.  The last year has been a complete roller coaster but we made it through ~ hooray!
I have been amazed today as I have reflected upon the many ways you have grown and changed over the past year.  But one thing has remained intact and that is your sweet nature and the love you show in every smile.
You have taught me to laugh more, loosen up, not stress over a mess, take time to snuggle, not compare, not take myself too seriously, rely on the Lord for patience, and so much more.  While there are days that I have not felt up to your energy, I know that I need to be your mom and you need to be my squish.
Your favorite things to do are read books, color (well, get out all of the crayons and a piece of paper!), run around the house with Ali, read the hockey magazine, play with your stick and puck, watch hockey with daddy, snuggle with mommy on the couch with a blanket, test the limits at the pool, play with the kitchen, help in the real kitchen and explore everything around you.
You love your family so much, especially your sissy Alexandra.  You want to be just like her and do everything she does.  This drives Ali crazy sometimes but she truly loves being your big sister.
 Sophi, I hope you always have a great zeal for life and the energy you have right now.  A friend asked today if I give you espresso in the morning ~ which no, I do not!  You simply have a spirit that is ready to take on the world and you are just waiting for your little body to catch up.
 
Oh Soph, I can't wait to see what the next year holds for us.  I love watching you grow and learn and become and incredible little girl.  Happy birthday sweet baby! ~ Love Mama!
To celebrate Sophi's birthday we started off with pancakes and balloons then did presents when daddy came home from fishing. We then raced off the pool and enjoyed some sun.  Sophi had a bit of a nap then we spent the evening at Six Flags.  We are all worn out but we had a blast!

2 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

She had grown so much but she is so adorable! She has a great smile! That last picture is priceless! Happy Birthday Sophi!

Megan said...

HAPPY BIRITHDAY sophers bophers! you have gotten so big and grown up! i seriously cannot believe it! you are the most adorable little destructive terror in the world! we love you and miss you sooooooo much!