Sunday, May 17, 2009

Little girl, big attitude!

The past few weeks have been really fun with Alexandra. She is learning so much each day, talking more, trying new things and trying to prove to me just how grown up she is. Alexandra really likes to do everything on her own. One of her favorite phrases is "I do it". Once she sets her mind to a task, watch out! She loves "brushing" her teeth. It usually results in her just eating the toothpaste, but she feels so accomplished when she wiggles her little arm back and forth.
One night just before bed Alexandra decided that we were going to have a tea party. She set up all of plates, bowls and cups. She poured while I drank and we had so much fun.
This cute princess towel was one of Alexandra's birthday presents. It has a crown that lights up and she really likes it. I love taking pictures of her when she fresh out of the bath and soaking wet!
Last weekend we had a few friends over and the girls looked so cute sitting on the couch together (Ali, Melody and Ashton).
Yesterday Wendi and I threw a baby shower for Tami, a lady in our ward who is having her 6th baby. Alexandra joined me, as Anthony had work. She wore her party dress...and her angry eyes. She was throwing a huge fit, but looked so cute in the gigantic skirt. As for fits go, Ali has become very particular about which pajamas she wears. She has few sets that she really likes and always picks out. One night this week her favorite pj's were all dirty so we put a different set on her. She threw a fit and we decided to just put her to bed. She cried for about 10 minutes and Anthony went in to check on her. He came out of her room laughing and told me that I had to go in and see what she had done. Alexandra had taken off her pajamas (the zipper bodysuit kind w/feet) and thrown them over the side of the crib, onto the floor. She was perfectly content to go to bed without pjs on that night. What she doesn't know is that Anthony and I went in and put them back on her an hour late. I was afraid she would wake up and have a melt down because they were back on, but she didn't, lucky us!
The past few days Alexandra has been saying the funniest things. She calls me Mom instead of mommy. I don't know why but it totally cracks me up. She has a bit of attitude in her voice and sounds more like a 12 year old than a 2 year old. My favorite phrases are "O-kay Mom" and "Sure Mom". Alexandra has also gotten really good at counting 1-10 (as long as you need the number 8!). I love my little Boo and can not get enough of her!
Today she got really into purses, she found my wristlet and one of her purses from Nana Rabner. She had to take them in the car with her to Nana Booth's house.





1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

how fun!!! i miss you and that little boo boo kitty so much. why was she walking so funny when you told her to walk to you? does she not like those shoes? we love you!!!!