Sunday, September 6, 2009

Poop on the back and a Boo in the bog

I had to show the newest rock star princess picture. Alexandra really loves to show off her tutu. The funny story of the week is entitled "poop on the back". One morning this week I was sitting on the floor popping my back and Alexandra asked what I was doing. I said "popping my back". She said "poop on back". I said "no, I am POPing my back". She then proceeded to check my "diaper" and look for the poop on my back. When she didn't see anything she had me "assume the position" of a diaper change. It was hilarious!

Isn't she the cutest baby doll ever?

Ali is in the stage wear she loves wearing this headband but not in the traditional fashion. She always puts it on the back of her head. She is such a goofball.

Anthony has just changed to his fall schedule at work. That means that she watches Ali until 1 pm and then drops her off at the sitter's house. So, he decided this week to embody his inner mom. He is trying his hand at new hair do's. They are actually turning out pretty well...don't you think?

Alexandra has been taking gymnastics classes this summer and yesterday was her end of class show. Here are the proud parents.

And our adorable little gymnast. Ali and I have enjoyed these parent tot classes. I am amazed by how strong she is and how well she is listening to the instruction.

Tada! She got a medal!Here is the skill that Alexandra decided to show. She does really well on the low balance beam and loves doing "tick tocks" where she swings. Way to go Ali! You're great!

After the gymnastics show we went on an adventure to the Volo Bog. Anthony was excited because it reminded him of the bog in Lord of the Ring. It was really neat to see this natural phenomenon. I was amazed by the ability of plants to grow literally in a lake. The leaves are starting to change and I had a lot of fun finding the early bird changers among the green leaves.


Last night we started a babysitting group and I am super excited. Anthony and I decided to take a drive down to Lake Forest and look at the amazing houses. We also found a neat little beach and walked on the sand. It was so nice to spend time together and just wander around with no place to be other than together. Love ya babe! Thanks for a great date!

3 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

Ali is so cute. Way to go Anthony on the hair. I loved seeing the changing leaves. we get maybe a week or two of fall and it is still a several weeks (a few months) away.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Yesterday I pulled this up while at Megs and Liam was watching the viedo of Ali and if I tried to scroll down and keep reading he got super mad at me. He was loving watching Ali Jo. That is super funny about the "Poop on the back" story. Oh and tell Anthony I'm impressed with his efforts on the Boo's hari :)

Adamson Family said...

I'm totally laughing about the poop/pop mix up. Hair styles nice.