Monday, September 26, 2011

Face Lift

That is why we are awesome.  My dear, sweet, amazing, talented little sister came to visit me and I put her straight to work.  When I asked her what I should entitle this blog post Lindsay said "face lift" which is what I had already typed.  And yes, that is why we are totally awesome!
 My house was sad.  I did not have a single picture (other than Ali's fabulous art work) on a single wall in my house.  My furniture was ugly and I didn't have any decor whatsoever.
 Lindsay has an amazing eye for design.  She went to school for interior design and helps those of us who lack any sense of style whatsoever.  I begged her to help me give my little house a face lift so it would feel more like a home.
 And because she loves me, she spent her entire va-ca helping me redo my living room.
 It all started with pictures.  We always have these amazing pictures taken and I never have them printed.  So I had a bunch printed and bought a ton of frames for a photo collage.
 We then hit Ikea for a couple of pieces of new furniture, decor, pillows and storage boxes.
 We made a couple of topiaries and a couple of boards for Alexandra to hang her artwork on.
 Lindsay sewed pillowcases and made the final touches while I organized my crazy craft box and messy coat closet.
 And this is how it turned out.  And I LOVE IT!
 We now have great storage for the girls' toys and all of my stuff that has previously been just thrown in random places.
I know that for many people this all seems silly but for me it was huge.  Thanks Lindsay for being amazing!  Thanks Anthony for letting me change it all!

8 comments:

Adrienne & Scott said...

Looks great!! I was just looking at your photos below that Heather took. They all turned out so cute! I do have to say the one of you and Anthony #48 is gorgeous! I love it!! So many good ones to choose from!

kristina said...

Not crafty huh Kelsey?! I don't buy it! Love it! You have an awesome sister. You guys make a good team. I love the feeling of having room redone and being so excited to wake up so I can admire it. It really is a room that should be admired. I love Ikea! Looks awesome Kelsey.

rabnerfamily said...

It is like an episode of HGTV sister style. it looks wonderful! you are both very talented and amazing women. I consider myself lucky to call you family!

Wendi said...

Looks so good! I can't wait to come see all your pictures up close!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Love.

Butler Family said...

it looks AMAZING. I love how you re-did it

Travis and Heather said...

I'm bouncing in my chair right now. Happy happy happy bouncing! It looks
Freaking
Awesome!
It is incredible. I love it all, those topiaries are ama.zing, your new entertainment center is amazing, I love those boxes underneath!! I love it all. Can't wait to see it in person!

Megan said...

nice work sissy! love it and so glad you are happy with something new and organized!! loves.