Monday, November 1, 2010

What I learned in October

1. Blogging is loads easier when done in small doses (hence the 5 new posts today)
2. Laffy Taffy is the perfect Halloween candy pallet cleanser
3. Cleaning the bathroom isn't *that* hard or time consuming and should simply be done when scheduled
4. Baby smiles warm my heart
5. Dates are necessary for marriage
6. The Hawks always lose when I go to the UC
7. Chicken tortilla soup is my new fav recipe
8. Alexandra is terrible at hide and seek, but it is still fun to play with her
9. Skype is one of the best inventions ever
10. My support system is much large than I ever knew before
11. If laundry isn't put away when initially washed and folded, it takes 2.5 weeks to be done
12. Alexandra has an extremely tender heart
13. Sophi's feet are ticklish
14. Giving is better than receiving
15. Cooking is actually a talent, no just a hobby
16. Working part time wears on me but is loads better than full time
17. Making new friends rocks
18. My husband spoils me by taking such good care of me and the girls
19. Needing help is okay
20. My life is blessed and reading the scriptures and praying helps me see this better

Alexandra's best sayings
- We don't show our bellies, that's not modest.
- We don't whine and complain to Jesus.  We just listen and obey and pray.
- Sorry I got frustrated with you mom.
- I didn't play at the park, it was too wind.  The wind would blow me to Utah and you would have to fly there and pick me up and take me back to preschool.
- I'm a nice witch.
- Sophi's my best friend sister
- I love you mom!
- How's your work dad?
- I need to make a call.

I hope you enjoy a little peek into our lives.  Hopefully I will start doing this more regularly to spread it all out!  Thanks for reading.  We love you!

3 comments:

rabnerfamily said...

It looks like October was a good month for you with wonderful fun, memories, dates, lessons, and life. We love you!

Megan said...

nice work! i love all the pics and stories, sounds like you had a great time just being a mom with your girls. you are amazing, incredible, so creative, a fantastic cook, beautiful and i just love you!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I love that you wrote down all of these great things for the month. I am going to start doing this also. I learn so much from you everyday. I love you so much and I am soooo very excited to have sister time in two weeks from today!!!!!
Thanks for always being such a good example to me and you make me want to be a better person.