Monday, September 10, 2012

Smiles and tears




This child makes me smile.  Yes, I have said it over and over...but she does.  I was making dinner a couple of days ago and I heard the buzz of our little drill and found this site.  Sophi was convinced that the elephant needed new batteries (which it didn't) and she was going to change them.  I love that kid!

 And then there was this!  Sophi loves wearing the little plastic princess slippers.  She even had to wear them to the bus stop today.  I am amazed by her talent...she can traipse all around our house in those things.

Saturday we went to the CureSearch 5K walk to benefit children's cancer with our great friends the Sessions.  Ashton, Alexandra's best friend, is a cancer survivor.  She is one amazing little girl!  These two are so cute together...they crack me up!






I love these sweet little baby girls of mine!
 Ashton was diagnosed with cancer when she was 3.  She underwent surgery and then chemo for a year.  She has been cancer free for a year now and is doing so well.  During the opening ceremonies for the walk they handed out balloons to everyone who was there in remembrance of a child who died from cancer.  They then had everyone release the balloons ~ this was the first time my eyes were filled with tears.  They then asked that all children who are cancer survivors or still going through treatment, go to the stage and say their name.  I was amazed by the strength exhibited by these kids who were forced to face a life threatening illness as such a young age.
 The Sessions are such an amazing example to me of faith and love.  They are so strong and so positive.  I am grateful to know them and for their incredible example and friendship.

















After the walk the girls had a dance party.  The were so funny!

1 comment:

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Sophi is always good at making me smile too. Such a silly little squish!! Ali Joe looks so tough in her "workout clothes" and bandanna. Make sure you tell her that! I'm sure she will love to hear it :)