Or at least not MY mom's tuna salad!
Over the past few months I have acquired quite the tuna fish collection. I have gone in phases of trying to eat it for lunch everyday - not only to use the stuff but also to be healthier. That generally lasts about 1...maybe 3 days tops and then I am sick of it and forget my tuna stash for a few weeks.
Last week I decided that I really need to find some tasty recipes for the stuff. I call it stuff because it has never been my "meat" of choice. I decided to click over to my favorite recipe site at the moment - www.ourbestbites.com and browse their healthy recipes. Sure enough, a proclaimed "to die for" tuna salad recipe was waiting for me. I picked up all of the goods at the store today and decided to try it out for lunch. It was so good that I had to call my sister and talk it up before I even sat down with my sandwich. Try it out, I think you'll like it!
Grown-Up Tuna Salad
Recipe by Our Best Bites
1 6-oz. can white or light chunk (or solid) tuna - I used 2 5 oz cans
1 stalk celery, minced
1/2 small tart apple, chopped
3 green onions, chopped - I used 1.5
1/3 c. light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. honey mustard (Dijon if you’re South Beaching it)
1/4 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. pickle relish - I used sweet
salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
1/4 c. sliced almonds, toasted
I also added Craisins, but grapes would be yummy too. Enjoy!

1 comment:
that sounds so yummy. I might have to try that
Post a Comment