Wednesday, April 6, 2011

OPRAH!


Check it off my list!  I went to a taping of the Oprah show today and it was a really awesome experience.  I recently learned that a friend of mine, Jill Roberts Strasburg has an amazing story and she was on the Oprah Show for the third time today.  When I found out that she would be making this appearance I asked if she would be able to get 2 tickets for me since we live just an hour north of the city.  I was so lucky because she did!


To see her complete story, check out her blog - http://thestrasburgfamily.blogspot.com/2011/02/oprah-winfrey-show-3.html - isn't she beautiful!
I invited Anthony's mom Pat to go with me.  I was a bit nervous because when we arrived and went to check in we were told that my name was not on the list.  I gave the gal my maiden name and she still couldn't find it.  I told her that Jill, who was going to be on the show, reserved the tickets for me.  She then said "oh, you need to go to the green room entrance".  I wasn't quite sure what that meant but headed to the other entrance.  We were checked in and escorted to the Jill's green room.  I was thrilled that we didn't have to be herded like cattle with the rest of the audience members and we were able to enjoy a nice breakfast spread and comfy couches.  I was even more excited that I was able to see Jill and catch up.  We chatted while she and her parents had their hair and makeup done.  The producer who was over her segment came in and told us all sorts of great stories.  They then escorted us to our seats -reserved with our names on them :) - on the second row.

The show was really great and Jill did a wonderful job.  As always, there was a sweet surprise for the audience.  They had the winner of Oprah's show The Big Give and he gave everyone in the audience $1000 to donate to the charity of their choice.  I was THRILLED because we have our fundraiser on Saturday and now we have at least one big donation - woot woot!  After they were done filming Oprah did a little Q&A and I thanked her and explained about the upcoming fundraiser.  I think I sounded like a giddy little kid. 
Pat and I had a wonderful time and I am so glad that I was able to have this once in a lifetime opportunity.  Thank you Jill for the tickets!!!!

4 comments:

Wendi said...

Seriously... Wow! What an amazing experience. And as far as putting your blog on the back burner, I for one am glad that you're posting every day, through the busy-ness! It's great reading, and you'll love to be able to look back and read about it all!

Butler Family said...

that is awesome!! Looks like it is something you will remember forever.:)

Weston Pope said...

so seriously cool! good luck on saturday. we're thinking of ya'll!

Jilly said...

Kelsey you are amazing. I should be thanking you for taking the time to come and be there with me. I loved that you got to come back into the room with me. You looked beautiful and your mother in law was a doll. I'm so happy that you got the money for the fundraiser. Thank you so much for a wonderful experience, and I'm glad you had a good time. xo