Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sweet girl

We went to an Easter egg hunt last Friday and I put a few coins in the eggs that I sent.  Ali came home with a couple of them and was showing me her whopping 14 cents.  I suggested that she put them in her purse.  She responded in the most amazing way ever.  She said "Mom, can I give the money to the people in Japan? They need money".  I told her that of course she could do that.  On Sunday Anthony helped her fill out a tithing slip and she donated her 14 cents to the humanitarian fund.
Yes, she is a sweet girl and I love her so much.  I am so grateful for all that she learned through our hard work for the Relief Effort.
The other amazing thing she did was to share her testimony of the Resurrection with Anthony's family (who are not members of our church).  Ali has the best sunbeam teachers every.  The Moores do an amazing job with those crazy little 4 year olds.  They always have great handouts and Alexandra learns something each Sunday.  On Easter they gave the kids a paper with pictures of Jesus throughout his life.  Ali loves that paper.  On Sunday in the middle of dinner she grabbed it from off the fridge and took it right over to Cliff and his girlfriend Melissa.  She then started telling them "Jesus was resurrected!  We can be resurrected too.  We can all live with Heavenly Father again!".  She was so excited to share this great message.  Cliff and Melissa seemed a bit confused but I was so happy and proud of my little Ali Jo for sharing her excitement for and testimony of the Savior (she actually did this twice that night). 
I am so grateful for her amazing example.  She is a wonderful, kind, loving babe and I love her so much!

2 comments:

Megan said...

ali bali is truly a sweet girl. i hope liam doesn't terrify or ruin her this summer! you might want to have growling sessions so she gets used to hearing lots of growling, roaring and dinosaur stomping. it's what we experience all day! loves all around!

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

That goes to show that you are a great mother and have taught her well. Pat yourself on the back for that sissy. I hope I can teach Ryker to be so sweet and to think of others.