Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Just kickin' around

I sometimes think my life is a bit boring, but here is proof that its not so bad chilaxing with my girlies.
 Alexandra had her friend Josh over to play and they had fun doing pudding paints.  Josh and Ali have similar personalities so it is pretty funny to see them trying to negotiate their friendship. 

 One morning when Anthony was working from home Ali decided to throw a party for her toys in our bed - notice Anthony's great hat!
 A charter school nearby held a daddy daughter dance and my sweet hubby took our beautiful daughter.  They had so much fun getting dressed up and ready to go.
 They danced the night away and shared a special time together.  I am so grateful that Anthony is willing to take Ali to do the things that she loves to do and that he's not afraid to be her prince charming.  I love that guy!  And so do my girls!
 I knew from the day we brought Sophi home that she would be a calming, special force in our family.  Her smile warms my heart throughout the day and I love that she makes the best of every situation - even stuffed in a big snow suit, in her car seat!
 And then there's my lil' rock star/fashion queen.
 One night after scriptures and prayer Ali wanted Sophi to cuddle with her in her bed.  They were so stinkin' cute together!  I love watching them play together and witnessing the wonderful relationship they are cultivating.  I know that one day, when they are older and have babies of their own, they will laugh at this picture and cherish the beginning of their love for each other.

 And that brings us to the haircut.  Oh dear!  I have been wanting to learn to cut Anthony's hair for a while but haven't had the guts.  My girlfriend was soooo sweet and gave me her old clippers and a lesson in cutting hair.
I was doing really well until...I chopped off the sideburns!  Well, actually just 1 side burn.  Anthony's hair was really long and I honestly didn't remember that they really were supposed be that long, so I buzzed them right off...oops!  Other than the side burn incident (and that little bald spot behind his ear there) I must say I did pretty well.  Anthony wanted to shave his head anyway, so it wasn't that big of a deal that I messed up.

3 comments:

Butler Family said...

I LOVE seeing new pictures of your beautiful girls. We sure do miss you guys and love seeing new updates of you all. You did a fabulous job on his haircut

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I love the picture of Sophi in the car seat. It warmed my heart. And you are so right about your girls going to LOVE that picture in bed snuggling together. It is super sweet. I wish we had more pictures like that when we were young.

Megan said...

kelsey rock! way to go on learning how to cut. practice makes it easier! the first time i cut weston's hair, i was so nervous. i had never touched clippers before. weston talked me through how to use them but i still managed to clip a section out of his neck line that gave him a bald spot. it was horrifying and hilarious! the trickest part for me is the blending of the top and bottom. i had kelsey s. cut his hair once and she taught me some pointers while i watched her do it. anywhow, you did so well!

your girls are so adorable. i wish i could more happy, fun, giggling moments between my kids than i do screaming and crying moments! it'll get better, i know!

miss you! can't wait to see you!