Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Me...crafty? Naw...

If someone says "Kels, are you crafty?"  I would say "No way, not in the this life or any that comes after!"  When invited to a craft time I go and chat and occasionally haul my bag of ribbon and organize it.  I like to chat with my girlfriends and watch them work on their projects.  That is my idea of crafting. 
Of course, this attitude is altered slightly in February and March as I finalize Alexandra's birthday party plans.  This year we are doing a Fancy Nancy theme.  For those of you who don't know Fancy Nancy you are missing out - so check out the website http://www.fancynancyworld.com/ .  Back to crafting, I have actually been doing some of it lately - so take a deep breath, you did read that correctly.
Strap on your seat belts and check out my latest projects.
A girlfriend of mine has an adorable birthday banner that she hangs in her house for the birthday of each person in her family.  This year my goal was to make birthday decorations that could be used over and over again.

 I'll admit, I was nervous to take this on.  I am not good at conceptualizing ideas and creating them.
 But this one actually turned out well. 
 Everyone in our family will see this adorable banner on their birthday for the next 10 years (even Anthony...and any boys we may by chance have).  Yes, it was that much work.
 Project #2 - Tissue paper pom poms.  Wendi and I got together today and figured these puppies out.  They are surprisingly easy and turned out pretty well.  I am going to hang them in the girls' room after the party.
 Lastly, I put together these cute suckers for place settings for the guests.  I took the easy rout and did just first initials so I could use my cricut.
I got this idea from the Fancy Nancy tea party book.  They are supposed to stand up in the marshmallow but it was not working for me.  I have to figure out how to make them stay up.  I ended up with smeared marshmallows all over the table, my camera and my hands :)
I can't wait to see everything come together on Saturday.  I love going all out and planning a party for Ali that I think she will totally love.  So, look for pictures from the big event in a few days. 
And just because I love you all I thought I would share this amazing picture with you.  Isn't she the cutest baby EVER?  Don't tell me you don't want to squeeze those cheeks!

4 comments:

Megan said...

you are sooooo crafty! i'm in awe. wish i was so.

Travis and Heather said...

You claim "not crafty" but it's a bunch of Bologna. You can't fool us....look at that stinking awesome banner!

Butler Family said...

wow good job and you are totally crafty. that is double what I could even do so you are already 1 step ahead of me. lol

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

Dont ever say you are not crafty because anyone who knows you knows you ARE!!! Those projects look great! Ali's party is going to be a blast and look amazing as always. So now you have me thinking about Tiny's party and I am going to have to get it all ready before we leave for Utah. Fun Fun!!