Thursday, March 17, 2011

My Little Sopher Bophers!

Here's another confession for you - I STINK at record keeping...especially in regards to my babies' firsts.  I figure that it won't necessarily affect them in a majorly negative fashion so I don't really stress about it...or change. 
 That being said, here is a little update on my sweet angel baby Sophi.
 She is now 7.5 months old.  At her last appointment (about a month ago) she was 17 lbs 13 ounces and 26 inches long.  She has been rolling and sitting since the first of the year and is still my sweet baby girl who makes me smile 90% of the time.
Sophi loves to eat and I have not found anything she doesn't like (yet!).  Don't you love that cute chubby face?
 Sophi has brachycephaly and plagiocephaly.  It sounds A LOT worse than it actually is.  Her skull is misshapen (flat on the back and slightly lopsided and too wide at the top)she had to wear a Doc Band - helmet looking thing - for 23 hours a day to resphape it.
 She has been wearing it for 5.5 weeks now and I don't remember what life was like before it.  We were on the fence about whether or not we would do the treatment but I am sooooo glad we did it.  She has improved so much already.  I can't wait to see how she will look in a couple of months.

 We had the band decorated and it looks so dang cute!
 Isn't she just so precious!
 The band says "perfect" on the side because Sophi is perfect just the way she is!
 I love these girls!!!!
 Sophi started crawling this past weekend.  She doesn't move like crazy yet but she can move around to get what she wants.  I love when babies get more and more mobile because they just seem so happy.
 My favorite is watching Sophi go from all fours to sitting.


Our little squishy Sophi continues to be light in our home.  We can't get enough of her smiles, laughs and hugs.  Oh how we love that baby!

4 comments:

Butler Family said...

what a beautiful girl she is and she is getting so BIG

Megan said...

sopher bophers, huh? where did that come from? love it. she is such a doll and getting sooooo big. i told mom she'll need stair gates this summer for that babies and sophie is on her way to show nana how much she'll need them!

great pics. i love her smile.

Pete Rabner said...

About the head helmet, be glad that you had a doctor who recommended it. I wish we had used one on Joey. I asked his doc about it and he just waved it off and said he'd be okay. Let's just say he can never shave his head now.

Brady and Lindsay Wood said...

I cant believe she is crawling already. How fun. And I cant believe I talk to you every day and you have not told me this. This summer is going to be so much fun with these little ones. Love her!